A frequent and fair question is “how much do marketing videos – ads, promos, game trailers, app trailers, social media videos, influencer videos and new product demos – all cost?”
The short answer is that marketing videos typically range between $10,000 and $25,000 – sometimes less, sometimes more.
Sometimes, you just need a creative concept, quick script, screen captures, music and a voiceover.
Sometimes you need some motion graphics animation thrown in.
Sometimes you need trucks full of equipment, crew and lots of donuts.
And that’s where creativity comes in – being able to do more for less.
We’re big fans of getting the most out of your budget and even creating multiple versions of the same video for different purposes.
Some of the factors that determine price:
- creative ideas (if we have a budget we can control that)
- script requirements
- production and post production requirements
- type of video, style
- what the video is about
- locations, sound stages, permits
- actors (babies, animals)
- equipment (cameras, dollies, drones, vehicles)
- motion graphics animation
- video capture
- special effects
- music, voiceovers
- and even the number of videos, and video lengths
Marketing video pricing really just depends on what is in the videos!
SO HERE’S HOW TO GET THE BEST VIDEO PRICING
1. Do you have a general idea of what kind of marketing video you need?
- You have a general idea of what you need, maybe the style (live action, animation, motion graphics, explainer, interviews) – and maybe some rough ideas of your own but don’t know what things cost.
- You have examples of videos you like that are similar to what you want for your brand, startup, business, product or service.
- Please send whatever information you have and we can give or try out our new Video Price Builder!
2. Do you have a budget range but no solid ideas?
- You have a budget range in mind and just want to know what can be done.
- We can offer suggestions on the best video styles -live action, animation, motion graphics.
- Let us know your budget and we can give you suggestions or try out our new Video Price Builder!
3. Do you have a budget and a brief?
- You have a creative brief and a set budget to work with.
- Just send over your brief and we’ll give you a breakdown or try out our new Video Price Builder!
Here’s the thing they don’t tell you:
- Most creative happens in hours, not days, not weeks. Smart creatives evaluate your goals and convert that into marketing content – quickly. The rest of the time is just billing ours.
- That’s the big BS – some of my best ideas happened in less than an hour.
- Same with production – with the expertise and production equipment, production is a fraction of what is used to be.
- Put that extra budget into more videos
- Put that extra budget into PROMOTING the content on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram…
Big agencies waist lots of your marketing dollars. A better strategy is to:
- Define your goals – who are you selling to – how to reach them
- Develop video content that resonates – funny, useful, educational, heartwarming, shareable…
- Spend on promoting that content to hit the right consumers
- See what works!
KPIs – the only KPIs I care about are sales. How much stuff are you selling, from whatever it is you’re doing?
Bottom line, there’s a whole new breed of advertising creative agency / video production companies, like Supercool, that are offering amazing creative, production value and advertising promotion across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube…
Contact Supercool and let’s talk it out! I also offer creative consulting if you need help only with developing creative ideas, approaches, digital strategies or just some solid advice on creating your own marketing videos.