In the marketing industry, we are always curious about our consumers. With just a little bit of in-between-the-lines thinking, we can decipher Facebook’s most infamous profile pictures. Think of it as client research.
1. Flying Solo: The person that is always in the picture alone. Could it be that they derive pleasure from being narcissistic? The only time you see them in a picture with anyone other than themselves, is when they are holding a puppy up to their face and smiling oh-so-brightly. Isn’t that cute?
2. Two Peas in a Pod: The person that is always seen with a significant other. You feel like you have lived their entire relationship inside and out. You went on their first date together. You were there on their anniversary. When they bought a puppy. When they moved in together. Are you ready for the wedding?
3. Lost in the Crowd: The person that you can barely see in the profile picture. You could swear that the girl on the far right-hand corner is the girl you met in the bar yesterday night, but then again, could it be the girl in the middle?
4. Animate This: The person that puts clip art as their profile picture. Are they trying to say something about their personality? Is it an inside joke? Or maybe it’s just because that person can never seem to take even ONE decent looking picture!
5. Can’t Look Away: The person that you friend just because he/she is irresistibly attractive.
6. Not Photogenic: The person you wish didn’t have a Facebook; their picture is that bad. If this happens to be the person you are dating, you’re out of luck. Whenever your friends ask to see your date’s profile, lie and say they don’t have one.
7. Baby Fever: The person that just had a baby. Every. Single. Picture. Has that baby’s chubby little face in it. Now, it’s nice to see that Billy can walk now, but do I really need to see 500 pictures of him sleeping?
8. Party Time: The person that is always seen with a red cup in hand. This person seems to be going to 7 parties a day! Is that a Bud Light I see?
9. All About Business: The person that is always seen in shirt and tie. He/she only uses Facebook as a means of networking with business partners and potential clients. Back straight, eyes forward, charming smile at-the-ready.
10. Forever Young: The person that NEVER changes their picture. It’s been almost 10 years, man. Get a new picture. As a matter of fact, I’ll take it FOR you.